Saturday, February 12, 2011

Water, Water Everywhere....



Oh, yes! I had planned to wake up to view sunrise. However it was so sunny by the time we woke up. Well, there was no other plan than exploring the beach.

The parking lots at the beach were almost full by the time we reached Khorfkhan. Luckily, we got a parking space and after changing Shreya into a swim suit we came out. We crossed the green lawns and white sands to reach the water. The water was so green and blue and a wave of excitement came to me.

The Private Beach near Khorfkhan
At first, we planned to go out for boating. It was a fantastic experience to sit at the front of the boat. As I looked away, I saw one private beach amidst the mountains. The beach with its protective mountains walls, white sands and green watery line reminded me of the beach where Arlena Stuart Marshal lied murdered in Agatha Christie’s Evil Under the sun.

Shreya & Anirudh
As we reached back to the shore, little Anirudh and Shreya started excavating the sand. They were in their own world after finding a used fork and barbecue screw. So, I and Sreejith decided to check the rate for water bike rides. Interestingly the price has double up to the normal rate owing again to the Eid holidays. However we got a nice deal for half an hour.

It was my first experience to ride a water bike. The waves shuddered under our vehicle as we started. Soon, we started zooming in and out of them. The big waves started tossing our bike as we started to go further into the sea. I even doubted once whether there were gutters in the sea also!

Water Bike Ride
The last ten minutes of the scheduled time were allotted to me to ride the bike. It was totally a different experience to sit in the front than at the back. As I rode, I felt as if tearing through a green glass sheet with a sharp knife.

After finishing the boat ride, we got into the water with Anirudh and Shreya. Though they were excited in the beginning their small teeth started chattering soon and they wished to get out. After drying them up, we rushed to the shower rooms.

Again, the shower rooms in Fujairah are no different from other public utility areas. As I changed into dry clothes, I felt all the fun of the day draining out! Still, the more powerful moments of fun stay longer than those bad seconds.

Continues in Welcome to Riyadh 

No comments:

Post a Comment