Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Dance of Peacocks

Continues From Giri Pradakshinam
The visit to Skandashramam, Virupaksha cave and Giri Pradakshinam on the previous day had drained us from the physical strength. I don’t remember when I touched the bed, when I woke up late in the earning.
Peacocks at Remanashramam

After prayers and breakfast, we roamed around the Ashramam. I and Poonam were so fascinated by the peahens in the ashram and we fretted after them to take photos. We were losing hope to find a peacock, lest see it dance! It was then Mohan came to us.

                          Don’t go after the peacocks, go after the Bhagawan!

I and Poonam felt definitely intimidated. Anyway, it was one another meeting with a devotee of Ramana Maharshi. Mohan was overflowing with his devotion as he explained his experiences. He reluctantly gave away his name as devotees of Remana believe that there is nothing in a name! 

We went to the meditation hall after that. For a person like me, who still doesn’t understand the ‘m’ of meditation, the place definitely felt like a brooding place. I came out and sat at the entrance of temple and watched a woman keeping watch for her sleeping grandchild near Remana Maharishi’s Samadhi. 

I was so lost in the innocence of the sleeping baby that Priya had to call me for lunch. Soon after the lunch, we packed our belongings and came back to Ashramam. It was so hot outside and the sand of the Ashramam burnt under our bare feet. We prayed at the temple and came out. What did I see???

Another view of a Peacock
The hot sun was getting covered by dark clouds! All of a sudden four peacocks came to the terrace in front of the temple accompanied by a white peacock. Then, they started! The majestic dance lasted for 15 minutes. I stood there in full awe!

As soon as the dance ended, I understood the call. I went back to the temple and bowed

 “I understand and accept this truth. This is a place where simple wishes can get granted in a mysterious way. At least I’ve felt a pulse of the highly powerful spiritual vibrations of this place. There is no wonder to call this place as the spiritual center of the world. I will visit this place again, when the call comes on my way.”

Continues in A Romantic Stroll At Thiruvannamalai

No comments:

Post a Comment